I am a huge hot drinks fan as many of you may know, so I felt like I had to do some sort of festive drink recipe this year. Therefore today I have the ultimate festive hot chocolate recipe for you: a Nutella and Baileys hot chocolate. This is such a simple recipe but my god, it tastes absolutely incredible.
It is deliciously chocolatey and indulgent but it also has that little bit of alcohol from the Baileys to heat you up from the inside out! I highly recommend enjoying one of these in your Christmas pyjamas (check out this post if you’re looking for some!) while watching some sort of festive movie. If you don’t like mulled wine, this is the festive alternative for you!
(To make 2 drinks)
1/3 cup Nutella
3 cups milk
Candy canes (optional)
Cocoa Powder to dust on the top (optional)
- Add the Nutella and milk into a small saucepan and stir on a medium heat.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the Nutella starts to dissolve and the liquid becomes a cocoa-brown colour. This will only take around 5 mins!
- Add 25 ml of Baileys into each of your glasses. That is a normal bartenders measure – by all means add a double measure in if you’re feeling up for it!
- Add the Nutella and milk into the glasses and give it a good stir.
- Top off with whipped cream, a dusting of chocolate and a candy cane. The candy cane gives it a little bit of a peppermint flavour which I really love!
And now enjoy your Nutella and Baileys hot chocolate!
So that is the recipe! It is so easy, right? I think Nutella and Baileys hot chocolate is going to be my drink this Christmas, I can just tell. Anyway, I really hope that you enjoyed this post and that some of you will attempt it! Do let me know if you give it a try over on Twitter, you can follow me here. I am also doing vlogmas this year and my first video will be up tomorrow Wednesday 7th December! If you’re interested in seeing that you can subscribe to my channel here!
I feel as if December is just flying by right now, but I am having such a lovely time doing some festive things! I hope you are all having a lovely December, let me know what festive things you’ve been up to in the comments!