Seeing as it is Valentines Day next week, I wanted to make some nice seasonal blog posts to fit the occasion. My boyfriend and I don’t really do gifts on Valentines, so I didn’t want to talk about what you can buy someone. But I think a great gift idea is some sweet baked goods – it’s thoughtful and also who doesn’t like cake? So here is my recipe for Prosecco and raspberry cupcakes!
These are really simple to make, but they taste so good. Also the icing turns bright pink because of the raspberries, so they look perfect too!
- Hand mixer or food processor
- Piping bag (optional!)
- Muffin or bun tray
- Cupcake cases
- Large bowl
- 3 medium eggs
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4oz unsalted butter or margarine
- 6oz self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
- 1 box of raspberries
- 5oz unsalted butter (for the icing)
- 10oz icing sugar (+ more depending on mixture!)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (160 if fan assisted).
- Cream together butter and caster sugar until it reaches a light, fluffy consistency.
- Add in your eggs, self raising flour and baking powder and continue to mix.
- Add in the prosecco. At this point the mixture will get quite wet, so add a little bit more flour to balance it out. It doesn’t need too much!
- Split your mixture between the cake cases and cook for 20-25 mins.
- After your cakes have baked, leave them to cool. In the meantime, make your icing!
- Add your raspberries to a food processor or blender until puréed. Put this into a bowl through a sieve to get rid of the seeds.
- Add the butter and icing sugar to the bowl with the raspberry purée and mix until you get a bright pink, stiff icing. If the mixture is too runny, add more icing sugar!
- Put the icing into a piping bag (or just slap it on the cakes with a knife!) and pipe evenly onto the cakes. Make sure the cakes are completely cool before you do this!
- There you have it! Prosecco and raspberry cupcakes!
So that was my super simple recipe for prosecco and raspberry cupcakes! I think these would be such a nice thing to make for valentines day – it’s a gift you can both enjoy! Also the fact that it has prosecco in them just makes it feel a bit fancy!
I really hope you all have a lovely Valentines no matter how you are spending it! Max and I have bought a dine in for 2 for £20 deal (lol, adulting) and will probably watch a movie and fall asleep by ten. So glam.